Welcome back, everyone!
Over the last couple years, Filson has been very busy introducing a lot of new styles and fabrics to their classic line of travel and work bags.
For quite a long time, the choice were fairly easy…decide whether you wanted a 256 Original Briefcase or a 257 as your daily bag and then choose either a 220 Small Duffle or a 246 Medium Travel Bag for travel and you were all set.
But now…the choices are almost overwhelming. We have great new fabric options, including 15 oz Oil-finished Tin Cloth and the new Lightweight Nylon collection, as well as a bunch of new styles, like the 72-hour Briefcase, the new Outfitter Bag and the redesigned Sportsman.
As I have been researching all the new offerings, I am starting to notice how difficult it is to find reviews of all this new gear. So, here is the deal…I am back to help provide you guys some needed clarity when choosing the next Filson bag(s) to add to your growing collections.
This month, I will be posting a comprehensive review of the new Lightweight Nylon Duffle (#70314) in the “Duffle Bag Showdown,” in which I will be comparing it to the classic 220 Rugged Twill Duffle.
Stay tuned in the coming months for the following reviews and comparison tests:
- 72-Hour Briefcase (Tin Cloth) – – The Perfect Briefcase?
- Briefcase Showdown II (256 Original vs 72-Hour Tin)
- The Journeyman Backpack Review
- Cloth Showdown – – Twill vs. Tin vs. Lightweight Nylon
- Reinventing an Icon Lightweight Nylon (Duffles)
- Strap Showdown – – Bridle Leather vs New Nylon
- How to Properly Break In a Leather Strap and Shoulder Pad
- The Magnum Photography Collaboration (Harvey Line)
As you can see, we have some exciting stuff planned and I look forward to reading your comments and answering your questions!
Thanks for visiting FilsonFan!